Sunday 28 September 2014

Review: Mystery Pu'erh produced by Yongde Xinwen Tea Factory

One of my new favorite pastimes in African teas to trawl Chinese stores in search of new and exciting teas to try. At the T2000 shop in Kigali (Rwanda), I came across this little number. I was reliably informed by the T2000 lady that its a Pu'erh Shan, as the packet didn't leave me any the wiser about the type tea.

I was a little suspicious given that I'd never seen a loose Pu'erh before and especially since the leaves looked a rather vivid green in the packaging (they are in fact the usual dark brown colour), but decided to give it a go....




Mystery Pu'erh [Black, China] *** $$$

Other Names: ??

Quite a fine little pu'erh tea, earthy and grounding, i'll be interested to see how it does in the taste test against my cake Pu'erh once I get home. It reminds me of the floral pu'erh tea bags I was given from China.

Produced by www.teatf.com


Simliar teas: Ozymandias Pu'erh, Pu'erh, Pu'erh Shan


With my friend Patel in the background, who used to be one of the finest chai makers in east africa before he was converted to being a coffee drinker :(

No comments:

Post a Comment