Monday 1 September 2014

Review: DaHongPao


My first exposure was at a workshop in London and I loved it so much I had a friend hunt for it while on her holidays in China. This is a fantastic little tea that holds you in its arms and makes you feel that life is just fine.

I became so addicted to this tea that I recently found myself on holidays in northern Mozambique skulking around chinese stores and accosting anyone vaguely east asian looking to see where I could get some chinese teas....I found my bonheur eventually at the flagship chinese store in Maputo!

DaHongPao, China [Blue-Green] ***** $$$

Other Names: Buddha Hand tea. 

First Brew: Great aroma, floral and slightly spicy, Take care not to brew too long.
Second Brew: The taste deepend and I find 2nd and 3rd brew to be the most comforting
Subsequent brews: This tea will loose flavour before it looses colour, I often try to do one brew over the line and have to throw out cause the leaves are too used

Similiar teas: Buddha Hand (Fo Shou), Wu Yi



2 comments:

  1. Yay... what about this friend who scoured all five corners of Galway for your favourite tea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay... what about this friend who scoured all five corners of Galway for your favourite tea!!

    ReplyDelete