Thursday 24 April 2014

Review: Pu'erh


Puerh, China [Black] ****

is tea was brought by chinese friend, further details appreciated. This is my first
real foray into Puerh, which like LongJing I didn't like when I first tasted Puerhs in
San Fran. This cake is really densely packed, I had to get a friend to break it up for
me, the tea smells of earth and has a dark black colour.
First brew: Brewing a very modest quantity of leaf for a relatively short time gives a tar black tea that packs a punch. Nice warming quality in the abdomen area after drinking it. I find it both a fortifying and comforting tea. Subsequent brews: Pretty much the same, after around the 4th brew the colour gets lighter (looks like normal black tea) and its time to ditch the leaves.
Similar: DaHongPao 1990
Update: About 2 years later I finished this Pu-erh cake and it kept its flavor very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment