Thursday 24 April 2014

Review: Sencha Organic Tea by ThéTeeTea, Switzerland

I was told is quite difficult to get organically grown teas from Asia...maybe there's a good business idea there somewhere. I came to this tea via a surprising discovery on TheTeeTea's Symphonie tea, surprising because it turns out their Symphonie mix is a flavoured tea and (worse!) a fruity one. However I liked it enough to seek out the house and try the Sencha which is the base of Symphonie.

The success with Symphonie and Sencha, then led me to re-visit LongJing (Dragonswell), which I found I had now developed a taste for.


Sencha BIO, Japan [Green, Grassy] *** $$$     by TheTeeTea, CH

The leaves smelled grassy and are quite crumbly, especially when compared to LongJing or other chinese greens. 

Attention:This tea is VERY sensitive to water temp, do not use boiling water, make sure to cool to around 80C or the tea will be bitter.


Similar teas: Dragonswell, Reserve de Sichuan

No comments:

Post a Comment